America, here it is. Nancy Pelosi’s House of Representatives on early Friday morning finally passed Biden’s massive $1.7 trillion socialist spending package, the ridiculously named Build Back Better Act.
The Democrats’ “reconciliation infrastructure bill,” passed 220-213, with only one Democrat defector, that would change America as we know it now, goes to the Chuck Schumer-controlled Senate, where it faces an uncertain future — a future that may very well come down to the wishes of moderate (by today’s Democrat standards) West Virginia Democrat Sen. Joe Manchin.
The massive bill, which Biden consistently claimed (lied about or was clueless) would cost “zero dollars,” would add $750 billion to the deficit over five years, as projected by the Congressional Budget Office.
Corn Pop’s pal was unavailable for comment.
BREAKING: The Congressional Budget Office projects “Build Back Broke” adds hundreds of billions to the deficit over a decade.
Biden promised it wouldn’t add a “single penny.”https://t.co/A4paAEk0gR
— RNC Research (@RNCResearch) November 18, 2021
However, other experts — The Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget — projects that BBB could cost as much as $4.91 trillion over 10 years, if Congress (Democrats) were to continue to fund the programs with arbitrary sunset provisions.
BBB would not only massively expand social welfare programs, but would also fund major programs on the Democrats’ “climate change” wish list, as noted by Breitbart.
Indiana Rep. Jim Banks, the chairman of the Republican Study Committee (RSC), cataloged many of the most radical provisions of BBB to show the American people where their tax dollars are headed — if Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, and Joe Biden get this monstrosity through the Senate as is. From the senator’s list of 48 BBB provisions, I selected several “highlights” for your viewing “pleasure.”
1. Socialist price controls that kill innovation:The bill would establish government pricing of prescription drugs. This has already been proven to reduce private investment in new therapies. (page 1977)
2. Funds Biden’s Banking Surveillance Apparatus:This bill will spend $500,000,000 to train new DOJ Tax Division agents who can bring criminal and civil cases against Americans. (page 878)
3. 21st Century SegregationThis bill will add $500 million to schools of medicine, prioritizing funding on the basis of racial demographics. It also requires that students and faculty be selected based upon prioritizing demographic and racial characteristics. (page 658)
4. Left-wing divisive race-baiting: The bill would add back language that continues the left’s divisive and race-baiting attempts to portray everyday Americans as racist and oppressive, claiming all minorities are “denied a full opportunity” to participate in American life. (page 1157)
5. Billions for “Tree Equity”: The bill would include a $2.5 billion slush fund that would send taxpayer dollars to radical environmental groups to plant trees and advance “tree equity.” (page 18)
Number 6 is an important one.
6. The Public Health Institute:Funding for maternal death is a key tool in critical race theory, climate and SOGI. Specifically, it promotes funding for racism and discrimination training curriculum (page 682), funding for health care risks training to promote the left’s climate change agenda (page 689), and refers to pregnant women as pregnant “individuals.” (page 676)
7. This makes it much easier for IRS to identify taxpayers.By removing the need for each penalty assessment to be approved by an IRS supervisor, the bill will allow the IRS more freedom in issuing penalties against taxpayers. The bill will merely allow supervisors to submit quarterly reports on IRS employees’ compliance with guidelines and other requirements. (page 1934)
8. Geld for gun control: The bill would spend $2.5 billion for “Community-based Violence Intervention initiatives” which could be used to deny the individual exercise of the 2nd Amendment without due process. (page 876).
9. Perpetuates labor shortage:Continued welfare benefits Without work requirements for able-bodied adults without dependents at a time where there are 10.4 million job openings—more openings than there are people looking for work.
Forcing out religious-based child care providersIt will block many faith-based providers’ participation in the childcare system (page 214).
You can view Congressman Banks’s entire list here.
The Democrat Party follows two fundamental tenets other than the fact that leftist hypocrisy is unrelenting.
First, all Democrats can connect to the ballot box with no more that two dots. Second, everything the Democrat party spends — or attempts to withhold — can be connected to the voting booth with no more than two dots.
George Bernard Shaw, an Irish playwright, said it best.
“A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.”
Therein, America, lies today’s Democrat Party.