Cardi B Says She’s Filing for Nigerian Citizenship Because Trump Killed Soleimani

Cardi B vowed on Friday to file for Nigerian citizenship, following news that President Donald Trump had ordered the air strike which led to the death of top Iranian military commander Qassem Soleimani.

The feminist pop star and rapper stressed the momentousness of Soleimani’s death in a tweet to her 8.6 million followers.


“Its sad this man is putting Americans live in danger.Dumbest move Trump did till date …I’m filing for my Nigerian citizenship,” Cardi declared.

MORE: Ocasio-Cortez Supporter Compares Her to Controversial Feminist Rapper Cardi B

Cardi’s tweet prompted mockery from several commenters on social media.

“Go, leave. I will pay for your flight,” tweeted Joey Saladino, a former Republican congressional candidate and YouTube prank videos star.

“Cardi B, I am so much ready to give you my National ID Card while you give me your American passport,” tweeted a Nigerian Twitter user.

Cardi is no stranger to voicing her support for leftist political perspectives.

She has frequently backed 2020 presidential candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders.

In July, she even interviewed Sanders at a Detroit, Michigan nail salon.

“Stay tuned to see how he will fight for economic, racial, and social justice for all,” she said of Sanders in an Instagram post.

The death of Soleimani

Soleimani, 62, was killed by a U.S. airstrike at the Baghdad airport Friday along with Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, a powerful Iraqi militia commander, and others. President Donald Trump ordered the operation following an attack on the U.S. embassy embassy in Baghdad led by an Iranian-backed militia.

The Pentagon said Soleimani approved the storming of the embassy and was responsible for the deaths of hundreds of Americans and the wounding of thousands more in Iraq. He spent decades building a network of militant groups across the Middle East.

Amid escalating tensions with the U.S., Iran launched a ballistic missile attack on an Iraqi base housing American soldiers, the Pentagon confirmed on Tuesday.

More than two dozens missiles targeted two Iraqi military bases, including Ain al Assad air base in Western Iraq on Thursday, the Department of Defense said in a statement.

MORE: Video Shows Soleimani’s Body Flying Coach Back to Iran — And the Response From Twitter Is Ruthless

No U.S. casualties were immediately reported, according to U.S. officials.

Trump responded late on Tuesday, assuring Americans that “All is well!”

“Missiles launched from Iran at two military bases located in Iraq. Assessment of casualties & damages taking place now. So far, so good! We have the most powerful and well-equipped military anywhere in the world, by far! I will be making a statement tomorrow morning,” Trump tweeted.

Cover image:

  • Cardi B.: Screen grab

Follow Us