California teens may be able to no longer plan after-school trips to Planned Parenthood. An abortion provider may soon become a part of high school life in Los Angeles.
On Monday, Norwalk-La Mirada Unified School District’s seven-member board planned to vote on a “reproductive healthcare” proposal. Per the document, it would allow “for the operation by [Planned Parenthood] of school-based reproductive health clinics (the ‘Provider Clinics’) on the campuses of the District’s high schools identified on Exhibit A …”
At least for now, “Exhibit A” lists only one location: Norwalk’s John Glenn High School.
The following will cost the taxpayers:
- Access to the Provider Clinics Space is available at any time during hours set forth by the Provider Clinics.
- Utilities servicing the Provider Clinics Space, including wi-fi internet access, user ID and login for the Provider Clinic Personnel…
- Security and janitorial services.
- Access to bathroom facilities on campus at the Schools for use by Provider Clinic Personnel and Provider’s patients.
- You will need space to store a specimen collection box.
As for services offered, here’s a list:
- Exams that are relevant to your reproductive health.
- Treatment and diagnosis of illnesses related to reproductive health including sexually transmitted disorders.
- The prescription and/or dispensing pharmaceuticals that are related to reproduction health. This includes contraceptives as well as antibiotics.
- Non-surgical, long-acting, reversible contraceptives that are non-surgical (LARCS) can be inserted, including IUDs.
- Services related to reproduction health.
- Screening, informing & linkage to enrollment assistance regarding appropriate health access programs, including Family PACT (to the extent such program remains in effect).
- As needed, coordination and consultation with schools health and human service.
- Walk-in services.
Abortion isn’t mentioned, but consider this provision’s wording:
- Referrals may be made for other services or medical care if needed. For services that cannot be provided by the schools, Provider may refer you to another health center.
Notification and parental consent.The District and the Provider agree that California law gives minors the right to consent without notification or parental consent. The Provider encourages Students and their families to participate in the decision-making process regarding Services.
Perhaps we’ve reached a point where a new name is in order. America’s “schools” are no longer that, according to the traditional meaning of the word. Public education is now a place where government views good citizens are trained. It’s an ideological institution rather than a place where knowledge is on tap.
If the training centers were relieved of all academic burden, maybe new things could be built — things called “schools” — where young people could go to study subjects such as math and science and literature.
For the time being, not everyone was happy with the idea of an abortion portal — or a place where LA’s daughters could be readied for sex via IUDs — contributing to school life.
Protestors showed up Monday, so the vote wasn’t held. It didn’t get canceled; only postponed.
According to some, sexuality might not be the main issue. Gender identity could also be an issue.
The Norwalk-La Mirada United School District has been criticized for its recent plan to bring a Planned Childbirth clinic to the school’s high school. However, this decision was halted after parents protested earlier in the week.
“It seemed like a few hundred parents showed up,” (anti-woke organization) The Gavel Project founder and attorney Ryan Heath told Fox & Friends FirstCarley Shimkus hosts Tuesday’s event.
Heath then went on to describe the various services available at the clinic for students. These included birth control administration and IUD implantation, all of which could be done without parental consent.
Ryan says more about gender
“There’s nothing in the contract between the Planned Parenthood of Los Angeles and the unified school district that prevents this facility from providing gender affirmation care to students on campus, and we all need to remember… Planned Parenthood is the number two provider in the nation for these gender affirmation therapy hormones.”
Mr. Heath accused the district of trying to create “transgender conversion camps.”
He went on to call the gender movement “a social contagion that is causing girls in this country to desire, based on the pressure of their friends and the pressure of outside individuals like teachers to change sex, and it’s causing quite a lot of damage.”
Whatever one’s self-perception, sex is real. You might have more chances if your school implants you with integrated birth control. Imagine if they have a secret route to abortion at their disposal?
Years ago, amid the advent of school shootings, Jeff Foxworthy said (and this may not be an exact quote), “When I was a kid, we took frogs to school. If you took a frog to school today, somebody’d shoot it.” In blue states, perhaps the future iteration of that line will be, “If you took a frog to school today, somebody would try to put it on hormone blockers and schedule it for an abortion.”
You can find more of my content here:
Comedy Is Dead: Theater Cancels Dave Chappelle Show Because It’s a ‘Safe Space’
Check out all of my RedState work Here.
We appreciate your time! Feel free to comment in the section below.