Credit: Screen grab
Man Worried Civilians Who Storm Area 51 Will Get Shot Creates Rival Event – at Bermuda Triangle

Man Worried Civilians Who Storm Area 51 Will Get Shot Creates Rival Event – at Bermuda Triangle

The success of a Facebook event created by alien hunters hoping to “storm Area 51” has spawned a copycat for thrill-seekers intent on uncovering the secrets held within the notorious Bermuda Triangle.

The Bermuda Triangle, located in the western part of the North Atlantic ocean, is purportedly the site where many ships and aircrafts have disappeared under mysterious circumstances. Experts, however, dispute the notion.

The “Storm the Bermuda Triangle, It Can’t Swallow All Of Us” event, created on July 12, has already garnered interest from more than 40,000 people. A description on Facebook says the event’s purpose is “to find lost pilots and the hidden islands in the mysterious triangle.”

MORE: Bud Light Sides With Civilians Who Want to Storm Area 51 Against US Military

Anthony Dominick Carnovale, the event’s creator, told Fox 11 that his event isn’t a joke.


Once the idea reached more than 25,000 people, Carnovale created a GoFundMe to raise money for a beach party at the tip of the Bermuda Triangle in Florida.

So far, the fundraiser has only been able to raise $85.

Carnovale says the event is scheduled for October 1 at 8 A.M., and attendees are required to dress up as Spongebob characters or pirates. For his part, Carnovale will provide boats and scuba gear. He insists that this is “absolutely” a real event.


“I’m contractually obligated to only use the money for the event. If I somehow can’t, I have to give everyone their money back,” he said.

Carnovale said that he created the event out of concern that people may actually attend the rival Area 51 event.

“The Area 51 event is dangerous,” Carnovale said. “I honestly just don’t want people to attend the Area 51 event because I don’t want people getting shot or arrested.”

Storm Bermuda Triangle event response to viral Area 51 event

More than 1.6 million people have signed up for the Sept. 20 event aimed at storming Area 51, the top-secret Nevada military base.

MORE: Las Vegas Cops Reveal What’s Waiting for the 1 Million Civilians Threatening to Storm Area 51

Air Force spokesperson Laura McAndrews last week warned unauthorized civilians against entering Area 51, which is the site of “armed” training.

“[Area 51] is an open training range for the US Air Force, and we would discourage anyone from trying to come into the area where we train American armed forces,” she told the Washington Post. “The US Air Force always stands ready to protect America and its assets”.

McAndrews declined to elaborate on exactly how officials were planning to respond to the potential threat. But security guards and motion-sensor cameras surround the perimeter of the base and signs warn that intruders could face “deadly force.”

WATCH: Watch SecDef Nominee and War Veteran Mark Esper’s Powerful Exchange With Elizabeth Warren

Cover image: Las Vegas police officers. (Screen grab)



Follow Us