Welcome to TV’s Worst of the Week, where MRC Culture’s on TV Blog recounts the top liberal bias moments in entertainment television for the week of October 17, 2021.
Visit Our Blog
• On NBC’s The Ordinary Joe, we were told that teens think “binary language” is so “over” and for some reason a man in a monogamous marriage with a woman wanted his unborn child’s future preschool to know he’s bisexual. Somehow, this was said to make “perfect sense.”
• On Paramount+’s new crime dramedy Guilty Party, we got a white savior wokesplaining that a violent, convicted murderer is actually “a young, African American wife and mother, who was raised in a country that systematically kept her down and locked her up.”
• Meanwhile, season two of Netflix’s Baby-Sitters Club explored middle school dating, including between two gay boys and openness to someone “anywhere on the gender spectrum.”
Other Odds & Ends
• The Equalizer on CBS had an episode critical of Saudi Arabia in which a homosexual dissident was abducted and tortured. Hollywood is not known for critiquing the Kingdom or Middle Eastern countries because they have made major deals. They’d rather complain about Dave Chappelle jokes here at home.
• NBC’s New Amsterdam had a dispute over the hospital lobby with the show villain saying, “I would actually like to treat conservatives for heart attacks rather than have the art in our lobby give them one.” Meanwhile, our bleeding-heart liberal hero ranted, “The Lenape plaque, the COVID Memorial, the Black Lives Matter mural. This tells our patients this hospital is open for all. And you are erasing that, and you are erasing patients.” Wonder which side is going to win this one…
You can find all MRC Culture blog posts here